Who needs eggs when there is this delicious scrambled tofu recipe? A lovely simple vegan recipe that is fresh and fabulous. For a gluten-free option, use g-f flour and g-f toasted bread.
Time: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil½ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp white flour½ cup soya milk
- 1 block tofu (200g or 250g) crumbled
- 3 medium vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 dsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Fry the onion and garlic on a low heat until soft.
2. Stir in the flour, followed by the soya milk. Stir in well to get rid of lumps and cook in for a minute or two.
3. Add the tofu, tomatoes and mustard and stir for 5 mins.Serve with fresh basil leaves, with brown sauce or soya sauce on the side and salt and pepper to taste. Ideas: It's really nice if you add fresh spinach leaves in too and toasted seeds!