Kale, Bean Tortillas with Salsa
If you have the ingredients, there is almost NOTHING faster or better than these! And loaded with kale they are nutritional dynamite.
- 1 can NO fat Refried Beans available in health food stores and most grocery stores
- (Try to find Amy’s Light in Sodium Organic Refried Beans)
- 1 large bunch kale, collards, or any greens, stripped and torn into pieces
- 6 corn tortillas
- Bring water to a boil in a frying pan or sauce pan, add kale, cover, cook for 4 minutes or until soft to taste, drain well removing as much of the water as possible and set aside.
- Warm refried beans in a small pan. If in a hurry skip this step and add straight from the can.
- Spread a tortilla with about 1/4 cup of beans and put it flat in a not-stick pan over medium heat. When tortilla is warm and pliable, fold it in half and cook each side 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, fill with kale and salsa and EAT! If you don’t have heart disease a little guacamole is good!